


Well, I am finally getting around to posting Ashlyn's birthday portraits from nearly two months ago. I thought they turned out great, but then this last Friday my friend Sarah took pictures of Ashlyn out at the McNay Museum and I am not sure if I will ever need to go back to a portrait studio again- she took the most incredible photos! Thank you again Sarah, I have never been so excited about pictures before!
The rest of last week was fairly hectic because we had some company staying at our house. Several members of Paul's family went out of town for Spring Break and while they were gone a pipe burst in the upstairs of their house. When Kari (one of Paul's older sisters) came home from work the water was all over the downstairs and was as high as her ankles! So Paul's parents came rushing home to a disaster area of a home and since it was both Spring Break week and the Women of Faith conference was being held over the weekend, there were no available hotel rooms in the entire city. So from Tuesday until yesterday we had 4 additional members of our household.
It really was fun, except that Ashlyn had to sleep with us which has really messed up her sleeping habits! For example- she wouldn't fall asleep until close to midnight instead of her usual 8:30. Also she would awake at least an hour earlier than normal. So after several nights of this, she has been an emotional wreck! We had to come get her from Bible class yesterday for the first time in her entire life. Last night, the first night back in her own bed, she refused to stay in bed. She came running out of her room about a dozen times, the last few times she was crying and pathetic-looking, but finally she was too tired to keep it up. I pray that this does not happen again tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.
6 comments:
The pictures turned out great! Ashlyn looks like she has such a personality. She looks so much older than 2. I am excited to see you next month.
The pictures are adorable!
hope tonight is better! ashlyn is such a cutie! i love the pics.
that is you in those pics! yea, i plan on NEVER going to a portrait studio again...ever. :) i want to see some of those pics!!
THANK YOU, for letting me practice on such a cute subject! The studio ones turned out cute, too!! See you Friday!
Those pictures are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them!!
Post a Comment