Friday, May 18, 2007

A not too eventful week, kind of

Well we have had the kind of week that is probably boring to read about in a blog... my apologies.

  • Saturday, we visited the zoo
  • I had a great Mother's Day- Paul and Ashlyn got me a beautiful charm bracelet that I have had my eye on ever since we got the last James Avery catalog (I am a great target audience for advertising apparently) and Sunday afternoon I got to take a great nap while Paul played with Ashlyn and put her down for her nap. This was an even bigger treat than it used to be b/c recently Ashlyn is having a hard time be put in bed without making the biggest fuss!

  • Monday night I went out for the evening and spent some time with the ladies from my Tuesday morning bible study group, which was a lot of fun. I did however stay out much later than I meant to.

  • Tuesday evening I went to a Home Interiors party at a friend's home, so Paul and Ashlyn had yet another night together... lots of bonding time! I did thankfully make it home in time for the bedtime rituals, including the meltdown.

  • Wednesday, I had the weekly Dr appt. It appears the baby is still really high and at the moment I would be a prime candidate for a c-section. Now with my first pregnancy, I was prepared for ANYTHING, this time around I have much less time for reading and mental preparation, I have not even thought about the possibility of a c-section. I would like to hope that I won't need one when we get down to crunch time... She also set an induction date for June 4th- yikes that is whole 6 days after my due date! I surely do pray that I deliver before then! Wed night, Paul took Ashlyn with him to church and I had the house to myself. So what did I do with this precious time- I cleaned! (without having a toddler hanging on my leg or wanting to "help")

  • Thursday, we went to gymnastics in the morning- always fun. After naptime Ashlyn and I met up with my friends Angie and her son Cager and went to the park where we went on a nature walk and played on the playground. It was so cute to see these cute little 2 yr-olds racing each other and singing bible class songs together. I wish I had my video camera with me.

  • That brings us to today, which I am excited about b/c we don't have a single thing written on the calendar for today! Don't worry about us, I am sure we can find plenty of things to fill the day. I'll leave you with one last picture-

Here is a Daddy-daughter picture in honor of all the quality time they had together this past week.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacquie said...

Precious picture. C-Sections aren't so bad. I REALLY didn't want one and then after it was all said and done I really preferred it (not that I have experienced a regular delivery). But I think for the next one I might just go ahead and do the c-section, it was so nice to schedule the delivery!