Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Seriously out of touch

Okay... after all the chaos going on in my family, I have gotten so behind on my blogging that I don't even know where to begin. I never did share any Christmas or New Year's pictures; I guess I can start there:


Here are the kids in their matching monkey Christmas pj's on Christmas Eve. Ashlyn wanted to be in Benjamin's crib with him. I've been afraid that she will attempt joining Benjamin in his crib again, this time without my assistance, but she hasn't... yet. Anyway, Christmas was a blast! My camera was low on memory so I didn't get many good pictures- but we did take way too much video so at least we do have some 2007 Christmas memories documented. My big present from Paul was a double jogging stroller- YEA!! Too bad the weather has been so icky that I haven't used it very much, maybe today!


We had a fun New Year's too- Paul and I have a tradition to do something new and fun every New Year's Eve. In years past we forget to plan anything until Christmas is over, but this year Paul planned out our celebration way in advance! I was so proud of him, and a little surprised too. We stayed in a suite at the Hotel Contessa down on the Riverwalk. There was a little carnival down in La Villita where there was so much to do for fun. One of the vendor's booths had the BEST kettle corn I have ever tasted. After spending most of the afternoon there, we went back to the room to try to get the kids to take a nap (ha, ha). After it got dark (and really COLD!) we bundled the kiddos up and walked a few blocks to get some dinner down on the Riverwalk.

In the historic La Villita- before all the New Years crowds

On the riverwalk , the part right behind our hotel. It was so pretty outside. This is when it got freezing! But Benjamin always thinks its funny to put on his big coat with the hood.The best part were the fireworks that we watched from our room. It was awesome to be able to put the kids to bed at a decent hour and since we had a suite, Paul and I didn't have to go to bed early too!- this is something new to us can you tell? At midnight we woke Ashlyn up to watch the fireworks- she loved it of course. I think what she liked best was that she could watch and enjoy but not have to be scared by the loud booms since we were watching through a window.


This was the view... the fireworks were going off right above and around the Tower of the Americas.



All of those details to tell that we had such a fun New Year's- Welcome 2008! (Yes I know that we are already 22 days into it, I said I was seriously behind!)


In Benjamin news: My baby is really ALL OVER THE PLACE now, he mostly enjoys being under things. Under the chairs, tables, toys, any place he can crawl under, he will! I've been told that he is such a happy baby, and I do agree, but he also has a shy-side. When strangers come up to "goo-goo-ga-ga" at him, he hides his face on my shoulder. Quite different from his sister! He still is doing this silly inch-worm crawl with some real speed behind it, but most recently he has been pulling up to standing! He is so lightweight that this task is seemingly effortless for him even when he first started trying it. Oh, and thanks to Paul who has taught him to climb stairs too, so now he is super-mobile. I guess it is my job to have to teach him how to climb DOWN the stairs so he won't hurt himself! Thanks honey!

these are from when we were at the hotel in Austin with Paul a couple of weeks ago.

4 comments:

annalee said...

that kettle corn sounds delicious! okay, okay, and the rest of the trip sounds wonderful too:)

Tamera & Cory said...

What a great New Year's idea! Sounds like everyone had a blast and I can't believe how big Ben is getting. So when are ya'll going to have #3?!?!?! :)

Jacquie said...

What a fun New Years. We never do anything fun on New Years. We may need to steal your tradition!

Jacy said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! :D
I love the pictures!! Ashlyn and Ben just steal your heart away!! they are soooo cute!!! :)