I was just thinking the other day that I don't blog anymore about one of the main things that consumes my life. I have mentioned it before, but not for awhile... it is Benjamin's eating & growing issues. Well, he still isn't growing on a normal curve according to the growth charts. After months and months of visting different specialists, his pediatrician and the gastroenterologist are in agreement that he needs to undergo a procedure. This coming Monday Benjamin is to have an endoscopy/sigmoidoscopy performed under anesthesia. I think we are most nervous about the anesthesia part. Tissue samples will be taken from different parts of his digestive tract and sent to the lab... looking for celiac disease. I think that there may be other things that he would be tested for- I don't want him to have some serious life long illness of course, but some answers would be nice. My fear is that we will STILL not have an answer after we put Ben through all this. Anyway, please pray that the procedure goes smoothly without complications.
On a lighter note-
8 comments:
praying for your sweet guy and some answers!
will be praying!
We will be praying! Please keep us updated. I love the pic!
Love ya!
Wow, that all sounds so familiar. I think Brooks first procedure was almost exactly a year ago. I will praying for things to go smoothly for Benjamin and for you & Paul. I'm guessing you won't have the results for a few days, but please keep us posted.
Love,
Sarah
We [the C. Hises] will definitely be praying for Benjamin! I hope everything goes well on Mon.!
♥ y'all
jacy
Andrea,
This is Sharon. What is Celiac disease? I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I wish we were there to help with Ashlyn or anything else we could do to help. You'll be in our prayers.
I'll be praying for ya'll.
Andrea,I am sorry that I am so out of the loop. Steven and I will pray for you, Paul, and especially for Benjamin. We are praying that you find some answers through the testing but that it is nothing serious. I love you all and am praying for your family.
Post a Comment