AFTER: Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. My daughter is sporting a mullet, a self-inflicted mullet in fact. Reactions have ranged from "Oh wow!" to "she looks like Joe Dirt" (quoting 2 family members). Ashlyn gets embarrassed about it every once and awhile. I am trying to keep things in perspective... and ultimately I have to remember that hair grows back.
Thursday morning is when the offense took place, I cried every time I looked at her for the rest of that day, couldn't help it. Friday we went shopping. Must be nice to do something wrong and be rewarded with a new wardrobe! I have to give a shout out to the nice lady working at the Gap at the Shops at La Cantera- she could not have been sweeter and more helpful to us. She brought out a HUGE box full of hats, headcovers, and headbands and we went through them all! Finally today (Saturday) my hairdresser did what she could and cut the back of the mullet into a cropped bob (Ashlyn likes that her hair is "Bob" now).
Not too sure how well you can see her hair and also I didn't get any good ones of her by herself. There is one that kinda/sorta shows the back of her hair. Her cousin Payton really enjoyed having his picture taken tonight.

17 comments:
Andrea, when your aunt Donna was little she did the same thing - cut it even more than Ashlyn did - and Mimi cried and cried, too! You'll have to call her sometime and commiserate! This too will pass... Love, Grammy K.
First of all I just have to say that this is too funny!! Sorry! Our Ashlyn did the same thing so I guess every little girl goes through it (my sister cut off my eye lashes though...Scarey!). Second, she is still extremely adorable and I LOVE the "Bob". She could have no hair and still be cute! Seriously, when are you going to have #3 because you have the cutest little ones..hehe!!
I love her new haircut. And the headband is great! She looks super cute and trendy. I about fell out of my chair laughing when I was looking at the pictures though; I know it wasn't funny at the time, but hopefully you can laugh later on!
Her hair cut is too cute!! Well the one after the "mullet". She's so adorable!!
♥ y'all
Jacy
Wow, that is funny. I would totally cry too though. On the other hand, my brother told his three girls that "girls do NOT cut their hair", in hopes this wouldn't happen. He told them so much you can imagine the drama and tears they went through with their first hair cut. They screamed and just kept saying what he had told them. It was funny too, but I don't know which would be worse to deal with. Ashlyn is so cute and the new "Bob" is adorable.
Hi Andrea,
This is Sharon. What reason did Ashlyn give for wanting to do that to her hair when you had offered to get it cut? When Jacy's friend Jenna was about five or six, her mom Pam told her never to cut her hair, but she wanted short hair so risked the consequences of disobeying. I was just curious what was going through her little mind.
Oh my goodness!! I guess Lynlee will have to grow some hair before we can go through this drama!
Hey, I got the black dress at Target. Thats where I get almost all of my clothes these days! Its the best!
Wow. She really did a SERIOUS hair cut, didn't she??!?! I would cry too. But looks like you both made the best of it because she looked super cute in her bob and headband!
Oh my goodness! I'm sorry but that's hilarious and I'm so glad you have a blog to share it and remember it. :) Can I tell you how cute she looks with the bob and little hair cover? I love it! You're a good mom to keep it in perspective remembering that hair grows back.
That is the coolest mullett I have EVER seen! I know it made you cry but what a great story...and black mail those pictures will be some day! I love the "Bob" and you have done a great job covering up her creative work! Happy almost birthday!
That is hilarious! It looks so cute short too, so no worries!
W-O-W. I don't even know what to say, other than that has totally made my day! I'm sure it didn't make yours, but hopefully your tears will turn to laughter soon!
Hey Andrea, just found your blog. I have to say you have very cute kids, even with the mullet! Kristin
OMG. Can't believe it. I am dreading our "first cut!"
I still laugh at this blog! Classic!!! I love it! Hope the "Bob" is working out!!!
Hi Andrea,
Not sure if you remember me from ACU - but Megan just directed me to this post because I can sympathize...oh so very much. All three have done that hair cut - within like a month of each other!!!
Shauna
Post a Comment