Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Benjamin!

Happy birthday to our sweet little boy! Has it really been a whole year since we were celebrating your arrival? Benjamin has been such a good baby, so laid back and happy- people tell me all the time that he is the happiest baby they have ever seen.

Bless his little heart, he woke from naptime yesterday with a high fever. Stinks to be sick on your birthday, but especially your first one! Tylenol and Motrin have been helping him somewhat enjoy his special day. During early naptime Ashlyn and I made cupcakes. Big sister loves to cook and even helped clean up afterwards.
He pretty much only ate the icing. It takes him forever to eat anything, so by the time we were trying to clean him up, icing was dried onto his skin. So...Backyard time!

(these lists are for me... to help me remember)
These are a few of his favorite things: grapes, gatorade, clapping, sitting at the top of the stairs (behind the gate) and systematically throwing all his toys down the stairs, climbing into the tub if the bathroom door is not pulled to, carrying a baseball bat everywhere, hitting & throwing the ball, climbing the stairs, pulling all books within his reach off the shelf, closing doors, pulling all of Ashlyn's clothes out of her dresser, pushing kitchen chairs around the tile floor, dancing to music, going outside, wrestle-time, swimming in the pool, the computer, the dog, the remote control(and using it to find a Spanish channel), his sister, his Mommy, his Daddy

Dislikes: cold milk, being in his car seat, shopping, having a toy stolen from him, being talked to in a scolding tone, having his diaper changed, being dressed, being in the grass

Nicknames we've come up with during Ben's first year:
-Bamm-Bamm (he carries a toy bat all around the house with him)
-Mowgli- his new faster crawl, see picture above
-Buddy (Paul's nickname for him)
-Sugar booger (that one's mine and Ashlyn copies me)
-Benjer, Benjer boy, BenJermaine
Normal schedule at 1 yr:
wakes around 8
errands or playtime
snack at 10:30
nap around 11:00
lunch at 12
playtime
down for nap btwn 2-3
dinner at 6
bath at 7
wind down time
to bed at 8:30
LOVE YOU SO MUCH BEN! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY


Silly smoshy faces pictures!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Andrea!
(It's Kelly Guerra - from Austin and ACU...) I clicked on your blog from Chad and Macy's. Your kids are gorgeous!! Hope all is well with you and your family! I'm jealous that you're in San Antonio - I would love to be there! (My parents live there.) Take care!

Kristin Grissom said...

I can't believe he is one either! He is such a handsome boy! Hope you are doing well...still haven't started a blog, but I am starting to leave comments, growth! :)

Jacy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BENJAMIN!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

he is sooo cute, and one already?! i hope he has a great year, and whatever was ailing him on his special day to go away!

♥ y'all,
jacy

Jamie said...

Andrea, that was a great post. I love all the pictures and the details. I feel like I know him. You are doing such an amazing job managing 2 precious kids. I miss you. Happy Belated Birthday Ben.