Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ears pierced and our trip to Houston

Since about May 15th (see post) I have been trying to talk Ashlyn into getting her ears pierced and finally Tuesday a week ago, she agreed. I was hoping we could have 2 employees simultaneously pierce both ears, but Ashlyn assured me that she could handle having one done at a time. I explained step by step what she could expect- this approach of full disclosure works well with her, and she did great! No tears, she just wanted to sit in my lap and she was very quiet. Her account of the experience was that she was told it would feel like a little pinch, but it felt like a big pinch.

One of Paul's younger sisters and her family recently moved to League City near Galveston. Last weekend was our niece Hannah's birthday party and was a perfect opportunity to go see their new house and make a trip to the beach. We also visited the Boardwalk which the kids loved. As for our day at the beach- even though it wasn't sunny we did miss most of the rain and had so much fun!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm glad the ear piercing episode went well- I remember that when I was little.. it DID hurt like a big pinch! :)

I'm assuming the visit was to see Lauren? Cute pics!

Mauri said...

Awww. yay for the ear piercing. she looks so big and mature with those earrings! And Benjamin is growing like a weed. Scary! Miss you guys!

Jodi said...

Fun! Yay for the earrings... big girl. And yay for Galveston. It's great for kids because they don't care how gross it is!! I live literally 2 minutes from League City, so shoot me a comment next time you're down here and maybe we could do lunch or something!