Monday, September 22, 2008

I may have lost some readers after the long break I have taken from blogging. So to those of you who are still reading, sorry. We ARE in our "new" house now, however we still have some more work and minor packing left to do back in San Antonio.

Updates on the kids:

Ashlyn- she is enjoying Preschool now. Before the summer was over, she learned how to swim without floaties and was extremely proud of herself. Currently, she is practicing how to swing all by herself and she is learning to jump rope also. These activities consume most of her free time. I don't think I ever wrote about how we kept those 2 kittens that were found in my in-laws attic... well these kittens are the loves of her life! She carries them around as if they were babies and Roxy and Tigger are very tolerant of her. It amazes me at how very responsible she is becoming.

Benjamin- he and I have really been enjoying our one on one time while Ashlyn is at school. He is such a sweetheart. He is talking more and more, however he mostly says his words when prompted by big sister. My favorite thing he says is "I DID IT!" As we have continued to work on the house, Benjamin has wanted to be involved and is always willing to help. He can find the appropriate toy tool for whatever job he is watching someone else work on. He is so observant and very smart! Ben still has a shy side and tends to be quiet, but when he is in a comfortable environment, this boy is turning into one NOISY kid. He is just so much fun to be around.

And now for the pictures:

Roxy and Tigger with Ashlyn

Ben and his trusty drill

I forgot to mention that Paul and Ashlyn went to the Father-Daughter banquet put on by the church at the same place where we had our rehearsal dinner way back when. They had so much fun on their "date," there was a horse-drawn carriage, dinner, and dancing! Ashlyn's favorite was the chicken dance. Could not have been sweeter!

We are so glad to be watching college football again- Hook 'em!

9 comments:

Raena said...

I want to see before and after pics of the house!!!

Lauren Greenwood said...

We are coming to Austin for the reunion...are y'all planning on going? Would LOVE to see you! The kids are precious...I can't believe they are so big!! Miss you!

Debralea said...

Hi Andrea! Wow...it was great to hear from you and what a small world! I didn't know you know Kylie (or did I)? Anyways...I found all kinds of people off your blog...so fun! I will definitely keep up with you now and I hope you do the same. BTW, your kiddos are absolutely beautiful. You have a very cute little family...congrats! I can't wait to read more...

Whitney said...

Precious pics- I especially love the one with the kittens & of course, the Hook 'Em Horns shirts!

Charis said...

That's sweet that Paul took Ashlyn to the father-daughter banquet. Thanks again for lunch on Sunday... it was yummy!

Charis said...

That's sweet that Paul took Ashlyn to the father-daughter banquet. Thanks again for lunch on Sunday... it was yummy!

Charis said...

That's so sweet that Paul took Ashlyn to the father-daughter banquet! And thanks again for dinner on Sunday - it was yummy!

Chera said...

Hi! What a nice surprise it was to find a comment from you on my blog! It looks like things are settling down more for y'all...your kiddos are getting big and they are oh, so cute!! I agree with you...Carie needs a blog herself!! ;o)

twarpula said...

We got a kitten too and Parker also carries it around all day. Its like her baby. I can't blieve it has not run away yet!! I think the little kitty loves all the attention, even if its a little much. LOL!