Wednesday, February 11, 2009

4 years old!

My baby is 4!!!! Ashlyn's birthday was on Sunday, and we had her party at the Children's Museum on Saturday. It was a lot of fun except that I was unaware of a boyscout parade going on downtown that morning which severely affected the parking situation. (When I booked the date of the party my choices were between last Saturday and the day of the 3M marathon... I chose the 7th to avoid parking headaches- ha!)

One thing in particular that I'm very thankful for since we have moved are all the little girl friends that Ashlyn has. In San Antonio ALL her close friends were boys, which is perfectly fine at the age she is at, but kids do grow up.... I think Ashlyn really enjoyed her party although we still do have some parenting work to do about how to be nice to friends AND family at the same event- she was a little preoccupied with all those pals to be nice to anyone else. She is extremely extroverted/social and thrives on the relationships that she has with other people- even at the age of 4!

Later, after the party, the cousins hung around long enough to go to the Arboretum and feed the ducks with us. Apparently the weather was pretty enough out that lots of other people had the same idea, so all the ducks and geese were well fed and not too interested in us. That didn't deter the older ones from chasing them all around the "lake" trying to force feed them slices of bread.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLYN! LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Carie said...

4 years already!!! Happy b-day again Ashlyn, we miss you in SA!!!

Chera said...

Happy Birthday!!

Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

Hi Andrea! I came across your blog again and just thought I would say hello! See you guys tomorrow!

Jeri

Brook said...

I think Ashlyn looks SO much like you!! I love looking at her because it just takes me back to those days :)

Jamie said...

Wow, she is already 4, time goes by so fast. I am glad that she had a good time at the birthday party. The cupcakes look delicious. It is sad when a cupcake looks good at 7:50 am. Love you!

Lauren Greenwood said...

I can't believe she is 4! Happy Birthday Ashlyn!!!