Monday, May 25, 2009

The One Year Anniversary of THE HAIRCUT!


For those of you not with me at this time last year, THIS is the haircut that Ashlyn gave herself on May 15th 2008...
Here is the post from last year

Some of the things Ashlyn has learned over the past year:
-a little bit more impulse control
-when you decide to cut your own hair, you lose the priveledge of having any input on how it is fixed
-THAT WE NEVER, NEVER, NEVER CUT OUR OWN HAIR, OR ANYONE ELSE'S
Things I have learned over the past year:
-Hair really does grow back
-the in between phases are hard
-hats and headbands are cute!
-shorter hair = less tangles
-fine, stringy actually looks cuter shorter and is less maintenance
-my hair does not look cute shorter (I gave a Mom-bob a try and it did not go too well)
-this is a story that she will hear thousands of times over the course of her life
Photos of the process of growing it back to one length (almost):

May

June

July

August
Sept

Oct

Nov

Dec

Jan
Feb

March

April

May

Cheers! Her hair is pretty much all one length again!!

10 comments:

Mauri said...

HA! I love the recap! This story still makes me laugh out loud... it sends me back to the days in Nelson when you would cut and style our hair! Like mother like daughter!

Jacquie said...

I cannot believe that was a year ago! Her hair looks adorable!

Ashley said...

It's grown out so well, I'd forgotten where you started. It looks great!

annalee said...

that is some journey! i love it.

Jamie said...

I love that you have it documented and the monthly pics. Her hair looks great. It was so great to see you and your family. You all are some of my faves. Love you!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! that's great! I would've died if Avery had done that to her hair, but it looks like you handled it well! And, it has grown back beautifully!!! What a funny story, loved all the pictures... Ashlyn is a gorgeous girl!

Carie said...

Oh the haircut. I can't believe it's been a year!!! It does look sooo cute now. Sorry we missed each other, hope your day was great.

Julie T said...

What a fun post! At least you can look back on it now and smile. Glad to have found your blog!

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud again at those pictures. That is hands down the worst I've ever seen from a kid finding the scissors. It really looks so cute now, and you did a great job of covering it up and accessorizing it.

Randi Freeby said...

This is an awesome post. She is absolutely beautiful with and without hair. My mom is going through chemo right now and lost her hair-I am going to have her read this post. I think it will make her feel good. Thanks for sharing.