Friday, August 7, 2009

Away for so long

Sorry I've been M.I.A. for awhile, no I am not quitting the blogging gig. As is the case for most everyone, this summer has been SO busy!! Since I have left out about 1/2 of our summer activities, I will just hit on the recent highlights:

  • Eric and Alison's wedding (actually photos are just from the rehearsal dinner unless my mom wants to send me some pictures from the wedding day...)


dinner was at The Oasis, it was a beautiful sunset!

The Happy Couple

My family

  • After the wedding, we had a day to pack and get ready to go to Mo Ranch, which is a family retreat with our church. This was our first time to go as a family and it was a lot of fun: we swam and floated down the river, played at the rapids, Ashlyn did the rope swing, Paul and I played volleyball with the other adults and the kids played on the many playgrounds. We also did a lot of singing and worship. Thanks to my parents, Ben still got in some quality naps but we had some difficulty getting everyone to sleep in the same room. By the last night we finally had it figured it out.

Although I didn't have my camera with me most of the time, I did manage to get a few pictures on the last day. What I found so sweet was that all the little babies that I used to hold and play with when I was a teenager are now teenagers and are the ones holding and entertaining MY little babies!!

2 comments:

Brook said...

SO jealous!!! One of these days I would love to take my fam to Mo! Jerred hears about it every August :)

Whitney said...

Wow- beautiful pic of the sunset! Makes me miss going to The Oasis in Austin... :(