Tuesday, January 5, 2010

new baby cousin

Almost an entire month ago now, one of Paul's younger sisters had her second baby- little baby Hadley. We had to wait a few days after she was born to go to Houston to see her even though Ashlyn and I could hardly stand to wait! As soon as we walked in their front door, Ashlyn went straight to wash her hands, plopped down on the couch and asked to hold baby Hadley. She has ALWAYS loved babies, but now she just seems so grown up and she was so good at holding a newborn baby. It was hard to get a turn to hold Hadley b/c Ashlyn wasn't willing to give her up.

Ben was happy to see and hold the new baby too. In the car on the way to Houston, Ben kept saying was that he was "going to kiss that baby on the head!" "Head" is his joke word right now- he substitutes it for any other word and that cracks himself up... oh, 2 year old humor! I guess he wasn't joking about kissing that baby on the head, as you can see. Also cute, he wants to wear his #12 jersey EVERYday, or as he calls it- his "Colt K-Coy" shirt, and I try to indulge him as much as is hygenic.




As for the rest of the month of December...

Preschool Christmas parties and book exchange
We had a "Christmas morning" a little early so that we could go on up to Dallas.

We were excited to see snow on Christmas Eve while in Rockwall! I regret not taking very many pictures but we were just having too much fun! Once we got back home, we had 3 more Christmas celebrations with my side of the family, we are blessed to have so much family. It was such a Merry Christmas for us and we are looking forward to 2010.

2 comments:

JessBless said...

Looks like fun and lots of lovin' goin on. Miss you guys!!!

Katie said...

Sorry we missed you guys while you were here. I hope you had a great Christmas. Excited for 2010 trip to Hawaii! The kids are adorable, as usual! :) "I love you and I don't care. Put it in your pocket. PBSKids.ORG".