Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Here is the news...

It looks like we will be moving to Austin!

I have such a mixture of emotions- I grew up there, my family is there, and we already know people there. However, after living in San Antonio for 7 years (even longer for Paul) we have made some really good friends here and have been involved in our church in many different aspects. Paul's family is here and my mother-in-law in particular has been such a huge help with the kids not to mention that there are plenty of cousins and aunts to play with. Thankfully San Antonio and Austin are about as close as two big cities can be and we will hopefully be able to visit San Antonio as much or more than we have been able to visit Austin. Again, I am excited about moving... but yesterday at Ladies Bible Class I was reminded of many reasons that I will be disappointed to move. I am not much of a crier, but I had a moment yesterday (sorry Sarah!) Besides that I am overwhelmed with all I need to do to get our house on the market, sell the house, look for and buy a new house, and move all our stuff. See even now I sound like a bipolar person, going back and forth between the pros and the cons. I am still trying to wrap my mind around it all and come to grips with the reality of this. There is no set move date, but closer to the beginning of the year we should get approval from Paul's company for the financial assistance to move.

A little mini-update on Benjamin, he seems to be doing well. I think the spitting up is a little less, maybe? We are really supposed to be pushing the cereal to add calories, and are having some trouble getting him to eat as much as the Dr.s are recommending. It just seems like a lot of food for someone so tiny. Hopefully I can write again soon that he is putting on weight, as for now it will still be something I'll worry about. Just to throw this out there- we cannot seem to get Benjamin to take a bottle, any suggestions?

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey! Excited for your news... I know you are too even though it is bittersweet. :)

As for the Mocks... check out her blog (you can link from mine) and you can email them. I don't have phone numbers or anything, but that way you could at least shoot her an email. I know last time they were in SA for awhile, so maybe you could hook up with them somehow while they are there! Yay! :)

Jodi said...

Oh, and I am sorry to here that your little man is having so much trouble! My 15 month old is STILL on reflux meds, so I can sympathize a little bit. As for the bottle... she NEVER took one. We went straight from b00b to sippy cup. Sorry if that it TMI. But she is a success story with the reflux meds helping, so hopefully you'll have good news soon!

Tamera & Cory said...

Wow, that is exciting news! It probably does seem a little overwhelming but everything always works out in the end. I bet your parents are extremely excited and I do have to say...SO AM I! I go to Austin pretty often now that my parents moved to Georgetown recently and I can't stand to be away from my nieces too long. :) OH, by the way, we just found out that Kim is having another girl! Crazy huh!?!? Now my Dad is putting the pressure on Cory to give him a grandson...haha.

Jacy said...

That's AWESOME!! Now I'll only be 3 hours away from you guys now instead of 4! =D But why are ya'll moving??
I really hope Benjamin gets better! =)

Lori said...

Annalee REFUSED to take a bottle also...I was getting a little freaked out by the fact that I could never be away from her for a feeding. Does he take a soothie pacifier by chance? They also make a bottle that is identical to the pacifier and that was our only saving grace. I'm sure you've tried...but she seemed to do better if it wasn't me giving her the bottle and if I was nowhere in sight. I feel your pain, so sorry.

Charis said...

Hey Andrea! Wow, moving to Austin. Makes me sadder that we moved from there. But our house is on the market if you are interested :) So, this may sound a little quirky, but I take Colt to a pediatric chiropractor. She doesn't crack his bones or anything, but she just uses pressure point techniques to release the tension. Since I started taking him to her, his reflux has almost completely disappeared. Every time before I take him, he starts to spit up a little bit, then after his appointment he is spit up free for like 5 or 6 days, just in time for his next appointment. Anyway, if you are interested in going that route, I can get you the name of a ICPA chiropractor in SA. Good luck!

JoElla Reinhardt said...

Holy Cow! How exciting and scary at the same time. I am excited because I hope that we can see each other more than every 5 years! Brian and I are always in Austin...he is there every Monday and Thursday for Grad School! Keep us posted!!!

annalee said...

i'm happy for y'all, God bless Austin! but I also know how overwhelming moving is, so I'm sorry for all the emotions flying through your head. It is totally understandable!