Sunday, October 28, 2007

Superman & a Honey Bee

Here are the kids Halloween portraits...



We started off the week with a slow start. We stayed home for a few days hoping to not get anyone else sick and trying to keep our kids from catching anything else to make them sicker. By Thursday, Ashlyn was feeling well enough to give herself a haircut. I asked her to get me a comb to brush her hair after her bath... she comes walking into the living room without a comb, but instead with a look of great pride on her face. I immediately asked "what did you do?" to which she replied proudly, "I cut my hair." I turned her around and pulled a handful of hair from the back of her head and then ran into the bathroom to find even more in the sink. (I think she must have just cut layers b/c once I brushed it out you couldn't really tell she had taken scissors to her hair.) Still, I got upset with her for this; she cried and cried and cried and said she would never cut her hair again. I hope so, but we'll see!

Friday, she and I went to the dentist for her first dentist appt. We meant to have done this much earlier in her second year, but just now got around to it. I went first do she could see what to expect. When her turn came she did so well!



What a big girl!! That evening she asked "when can we go to the dentist again?"
Here is a picture from tonight. These are the kids from our life group. It was such a challenge to get them to all look in the same direction at the same time- forget about trying to get them all to smile too!

13 comments:

annalee said...

you have one cute honeybee and adorable superman on your hands! happy halloween!

Tamera & Cory said...

HOW CUTE!! I love the pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes. They both have beautiful smiles and I can't help but crack up seeing Ben in his Superman outfit...how funny! The story of Ashlyn cutting her hair sounds all too familiar with my Ashlyn doing the same thing the weekend before she started school. Do all kids eventually try it?!? Well, I feel lucky to still have eyes after my sister cut my eyelashes as a child...scarey!!

Jacy said...

I LOVE the costumes!!!! they are sooooo cute.

Jacquie said...

Adorable costumes. Do they give all kids sunglasses to wear at the dentist nowadays? That is a great, fun idea!

Andrea W. said...

I forgot to explain the glasses- thanks Jacquie! They usually give you eye shields to wear while they clean your teeth, this side of the office is bright in the morning so they let you wear tinted eye shields. Of course Ashlyn called them her sunglasses and was upset when we had to give them back.

The Houston's said...

She's going to be a hairstylist. she did great!

Mauri said...

Andrea, the costumes and pics are so cute! I love the pic of benjamin with the open mouth on Ashlyn's nose!
And I belive Ashlyn might be taking after her mother. I seem to remember some nights in Nelson Hall that her mother would cut and style people's hair. Hmmm. guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Charis said...

Your kids look SO cute in their costumes. It brightened up my afternoon :)

Anonymous said...

That bee costume is too cute. Very detailed! I love that you took Halloween portraits, so fun!! I am impressed with Ashlyn's bravery at the dentist! Well done! Hope ya'll have a great Halloween. As for us, we will not be taking the bullies trick or treating, but they will be in their costumes when kids come by our house!

The Best Family said...

they are so, so precious! i love halloween!

Anonymous said...

Cute kids!! And, way to go on the dentist visit success!!

Anonymous said...

I finally can leave comments! Love you and love your kids!

Raena said...

Adorable! Isn't it so fun dresing up TWO kids this year?! :)