Friday, December 21, 2007

late on updating

I am so sorry, I know that there are several people who are keeping up with Carly by reading this blog, and to you I apologize that I am dropping the ball.

It does seems as if she is doing better- the setbacks are thought to have been reactions to one or some of the medications she was on and is no longer taking. Over the last day and a half, she has shown signs of improvement. There was a procedure scheduled for this morning that was cancelled after the Dr's agreed it wasn't necessary. Our Aunt Sharon stayed the night with her last night (that was so sweet of you Sharon!) and I heard that Carly has been getting rest! She does need to increase her activity, and she is working with physical therapy to do just that. There is talk of taking her NG tube out maybe tomorrow evening(??) and then she would begin slowly reintroducing foods starting with clear liquids. Being this close to Christmas the beloved trauma surgeon will be going out of town, but he said that Carly may be out of the hospital by the time he returns on Thursday. I am hoping this might happen, but if I have learned anything by this experience, I have learned to expect the unexpected.

Please, AGAIN, continue to pray for forward progress and for no more setbacks.

An update on us (Paul, Ashlyn, Benjamin, and myself) we are back in San Antonio trying to stay in the loop with all that's going on in Austin. This is my first update without first-hand info. Paul had to work today and has a dinner for one of his Dr's tonight that I am supposed to go to with him. I am realizing just how close to Christmas we are now... and how far behind I am! AAAHH!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ok so I came across your blog and added you to mine so I could keep up with Carly's progress. I am so sorry for her and all of your frustrations. It sounds like so many ups and downs. I am praying for you guys and I hope she consistantly improves from now on.

Jacy said...

Carly asked for her music today!!!! We were HAPPY! It was sooo nice, the hospital gave her 2 CD players b/c the 1st one didn't work!!! Hope you have a SUPER time tonight!! Love y'all!!! :)

Jodi said...

Hang in there girl!! Christmas is WAY more about taking care of your wonderful family than the other stuff... so don't sweat the small stuff!! (easy for me to say on this end!) Thanks for the update. I don't know your sweet sister, but tell her we are praying for her in Houston!!

Laura said...

I know I am not updated with everything going on with you and your family, but I wanted to say hello. Its been so long, but hopefully we'll run into each other soon. Your family is precious!