Monday, December 10, 2007

6 months old!!

Here are several recent pictures of my sweet baby boy who is half way to being one year old- so very hard for me to believe!
He has accomplished SO many things in this short time! I love you Benjamin!!!

Now this could be in a separate post, but I will go ahead and include the picture the kids took with Santa:


Ashlyn was so excited to go see him... that is until we got there. She did agree to sit in his lap for the picture, but she was so stiff and awkward the whole time. As you can see in the photo, she kept her shoulders squared so she could keep Santa out of view. As more pictures were taken, she kept slumping over farther and farther. We went with our friends Carie and Colten who did their photo after us. Once their turn was over, Ashlyn mustered up the courage to walk over to Santa again, to tell him that she wants a "princess bike" but kept back a safe distance.

Later she told me with great disappointment, "Mommy, I used my manners and asked Santa for a princess bike, but he didn't give me one!" I felt a little guilty that had neglected to properly explain how a visit to see Santa works. By the way, this is the very first year we've gotten a picture with Santa with a smile instead of tears.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Seriously, your kids are so cute! Love the Santa story. "...used my manners"... what a sweet girl. We had mega tears with Santa this year... too funny. :)

allyo said...

I haven't attempted the Santa thing yet. Camden is going through a little clingy stage, so I can't imagine what is going to happen when I plop her down on the Big Man's lap.

Your kids couldn't possibly be any cuter! I love Benjamin's little, spikey hair!

Mauri said...

Oh, my heart hurt for little Ashlyn that thought she was getting toys from Santa and used her manners. What a sweetie. I hope she was ok with the explanation about the presents and that she gets her princess bike in a couple of weeks! And Benjamin's expressions crack me up!