Friday, December 28, 2007

Carly's homecoming

In my last post I was hesitant to disclose the whole truth, but the actual word from the Dr's yesterday was that Carly may be able to come home today... AND SHE DID!! She was discharged early this evening and we have set up the downstairs bedroom to accomodate her. With family in town, she is trying to balance "rest" with "family time" as we are celebrating our family Christmas as I write.

My family and I would sincerely like to thank each and every one of you who prayed for her, visited her, called, sent cards/flowers, brought food, helped my parents... there was such an incredible outpouring of love and support. I am truly overwhelmed!

I guess I'd better rejoin the festivities. This holiday season I feel SO BLESSED!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

That is such great news, thank you for sharing the updates through your blog. I am thankful that she is home and that you get to celebrate Christmas. Keep us updated on how she is doing. Love you. Jamie

Jacquie said...

Praise God! We have been reading and praying. We will continue to pray as she recovers!

Jacy said...

Yea!!!!!! I'm so happy for her! I'm so glad I got to be there when she came home!!!!!
Merry (very late) CHRISTMAS!!!!

Mauri said...

That is great news! We will continue to pray for her as she continues in the healing process, and are so thankful she is home for the reset of her recovery!

annalee said...

praise GOD! that is the best Christmas present for your family ever!

Tamera & Cory said...

Yea for Carly!! I am so happy to hear that she is back home!! Merry Christmas to everyone and a HAPPY New year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea, I am just now reading of all of the trauma surrounding your sweet sister. I'm so sorry that your family was in an accident and that Carly was in such pain. Praise God that she is home now!! I'm praying for her continued healing. Have a good weekend with all of your family!

Anonymous said...

Great News!!! I am so glad ya'll can all be together for the holidays.

Kelly said...

Andrea, I'm just now catching up on your blog. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, but am glad to hear of your sister's progress. I will continue to keep all of your family in our prayers. Looking forward to seeing you next week.